At the University of the Incarnate Word we are proud of our innovative technologies programs that have led the way at colleges and universities nationally.
- Our fully networked campus is also fully wireless.
- Students can access the Internet any time and anywhere.
- We’ve been a “laptop university” for years, which means that all students have the opportunity to purchase the latest in mobile computing if they don’t already own a laptop computer.
Now we are proud to announce that, through our partnership with Dell, students now have the choice purchasing a “traditional” laptop computer from UIW or purchasing the new Dell Mini Netbook computer!
Here’s how the program works:
- UIW expects every undergraduate to come to school with a laptop or tablet computer.
- You can choose to purchase this computer from us, or you can purchase it elsewhere and bring it to school.
- There are advantages to purchasing the laptop through the University.
- We use the latest technology - our Dell notebooks and tablets incorporate high-speed processing and high-capacity data storage in a portable unit that will meet your needs.
- We load the computer with software that will support your studies
- We've wired every classroom and every dormitory room to give students and faculty the maximum access to on-line information.
- Our total campus environment is wireless -- that means computing in a classroom, a dorm room, under a tree, or on a picnic bench. Wherever students gather.
- If your interested, please click here to download the laptop letter of intent. Complete the letter of intent and return it to our Business office. Letters of intent are also available in our Business office. You will notified by phone when your laptop is ready for pickup. Laptops can be picked up at the Help Desk located in the Administration Building Rm 15.
- Click here for more details